Printfriendly

Rolo Cookies!

 
 
I originally saw these cookies on Pinterest and they looked like something I needed to make.  They are easy and are so good when they are warm right out of the oven.  I love anything with chocolate and caramel .  They had to be  a winner.  I am glad I make these recipes before I post them though.  The original recipe I saw was a little on the dry side, even after I modified it.  I have taken the first recipe I made and have completely revamped it.  "Revamped"...I like that word!  This recipe is absolutely a winner!   These cookies are so soft and moist and yummy.  You know if it's chocolate and caramel I am all in!    Here is what you need:

1/2 cup butter, softened
1 (8 oz.) pkg cream cheese, softened
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
1 box chocolate cake mix (whatever you like)
1 bag Rolo candies
1 cup powdered sugar
 
This is what Rolo candies looks like for those who may not be familiar!  Someone out there will ask!
 
 
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
 
Beat the butter, cream cheese, egg and vanilla together.   Mix in the cake mix until all is blended.  Chill the dough for about 30 minutes.  
 
While the dough is chilling unwrap the candies.  It might not take the whole bag, so just unwrap about half of them.  This is a good one to get the kids involved in so they can do this tedious unwrapping chore!  If they know warm cookies are the reward, they will be more than glad to help.
 
 
When the dough has chilled, scoop out enough to wrap around the Rolo and cover it. 

Roll in a ball and roll in the powdered sugar.   Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or my favorite nonstick Reynold's Wrap foil.  Place in the oven and bake for 12-13 minutes.  Don't over bake these or they will be dry and the caramel will seep out.
 
Allow to cook just slightly on the cookie sheet and then sprinkle with a little more of the powdered sugar. 
 
These are so moist and delicious and they stay soft after they are cool, which I like! 




4 comments:

  1. I gained 10 pounds just reading this! Looks like something I need to make! Thank you for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Betty, they were good, especially warm right out of the oven!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. They are so easy, your kids would love making these!

      Delete

FOLLOW ME HERE ON FACEBOOK FOR DAILY POSTS:

Follow Me on Pinterest