Printfriendly

Slow Cooker Dr Pepper Pork Chops!


This recipe for "Dr Pepper Pork Chops" is so easy you will not believe it and the results are amazing.  These chops are fork tender and so flavorful.   If you don't have Dr Pepper you could substitute Coke, but I like the little bite the Dr. Pepper gives.  I also added  a little Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce Ketchup for added tang and spice!  This is a new product made by the good folks at Red Gold Tomatoes and they send me their goodies sometimes to try.  I love when that happens.  This is one of my favorite new condiments and I will find plenty of uses for it.  It's optional in this recipe, so if you don't have it or don't like spicy, leave it out.

This is one of those go to recipes when you are busy and don't have time to cook for hours.  Put it on the night before or in the morning before you leave and it's done when you come home!   

Here is what you will need:

5-6 boneless pork loin chops
salt
black pepper
garlic powder
1 cup ketchup
1 cup Dr Pepper soda
1/4 cup Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce Ketchup (could substitute regular chili sauce)
1 Tbs. Worcestershire sauce

Place the pork chops in a slow cooker.  Sprinkle with salt, black pepper and a little garlic powder.  In a bowl, stir together the ketchup, Dr Pepper, Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce Ketchup and the Worcestershire sauce.   Pour evenly over the pork chops and cook on low for 8 hours.  

This is what the yummy spicy ketchup looks like if you decide to buy some!


After 8 hours of slow cooking the sauce will have thickened nicely and these are ready to serve.  They are so tender!   So easy and no fuss!



2 comments:

  1. May I add another 1/4 cup of ketchup instead of the chili sauces, I don't use either. Thanks, this sounds good and I do buy pork loin chops when they are on sale but usually cook them wrong cause they are dry. These look even fool proof for me, haha! :)

    ReplyDelete

FOLLOW ME HERE ON FACEBOOK FOR DAILY POSTS:

Follow Me on Pinterest